There are many many different versions of taskbar in the world. So many that it’s easy to get confused. Are they all the same? No way. But the taskbar is a pretty simple concept – a dock, on the right or left side of the screen, for all of your running applications. In Windows 10, there are a total of four different types of taskbar. They are:
Recently many users have been asking about the possibility of making the taskbar transparent. Until recently, the functionality was not available. But with the release of Windows 10 anniversary update, some features can now be used. This tutorial demonstrates how to make your taskbar transparent on Windows 10.
Loredana is a writer with a passion for hardware and technology. She started writing about mobile phones when the Samsung Galaxy S II was at the top of the… Read more
- Several questions have been asked in the forums about the transparent taskbar in Windows 11.
- Since the new operating system didn’t bring many changes to the taskbar, users were looking for ways to customize it.
- Fortunately, you can use a third-party program and this guide to achieve the transparency effect.
- With this program you can customize not only the effect and color of the taskbar, but also other elements.
We recommend Restoro PC Repair Tool to solve various PC problems:
This program fixes common computer errors, protects you from file loss, malware and hardware malfunctions, and optimizes your PC for maximum performance. Fix PC problems and remove viruses in 3 easy steps:
- Download the Restoro PC repair tool, which features patented technology (the patent is available here).
- Click on the Start Scan button to scan for Windows issues that may be causing the PC problems.
- To fix problems that affect the security and performance of your computer, click Repair All.
- Restoro was downloaded by 0 readers this month.
The news about Windows 11 features, overall performance, and new apps for the Microsoft Store just keeps coming, and users can’t get enough.
Although the first draft of 22000.51 still has some bugs, people are looking for ways to customize the new operating system to make it more like their own.
Windows 11 offers many ways to customize the look of the system, but it lacks the ability to customize the look of the taskbar.
Also, the default functionality of the taskbar is currently limited, its position cannot be changed and users cannot drag and drop apps/labels to the taskbar as they can in Windows 10.
But all hope is not lost, because Microsoft offers many applications that allow you to customize the taskbar of the new operating system, and today we will show you how to make it transparent in a few easy steps.
How do I make the taskbar transparent in Windows 11?
1. Use translucent TB
- Install the TranslucentTB application from the Microsoft Store.
- When the download is complete, click the Start button.
- A pop-up window will appear asking you to accept the license. Press Yes.
- Your taskbar will then automatically become fully transparent.
TranslucentTB lets you make the taskbar completely transparent, opaque, or select a blur effect.
Besides overriding color settings and adjusting the taskbar, this app also includes states like maximized window, open Start menu, open Cortana and open Timeline.
Each of them has a customizable taskbar appearance to give you a visually appealing taskbar designed to your liking.
TranslucentTB is a small, free and easy to use program, but if you are looking for another way to get this effect and more, you can also try Microsoft’s program TaskbarX for a very small fee.
2. Getting the MicrosoftX Toolbar
- Go to the official Microsoft Store and search for TaskbarX.
- Click the Buy button.
- The store is open. Select Start Here to add a payment method for the application.
- Select the desired payment method, fill in the details in the following fields and click on Save.
- When the download is complete, right click on the file and extract the archive.
- Open the TaskbarX folder and run the exe file to install the application.
- When the installation is complete, the taskbar icons are automatically moved to the center of the taskbar.
Message: In the same TaskbarX folder you will find the TaskbarX Configurator. Use this configuration tool to customize your taskbar.
This configurator has several categories, including Style, which controls the transparency or color of the taskbar, Animation, which controls the movement of taskbar icons when you open a new application, and Position, which allows you to customize the position of taskbar icons.
You can definitely have fun with this app, as it offers many options to customize your taskbar and much more.
These are the simplest and easiest ways to get this feature and get the cool effect that your taskbar icons seem to float above the background.
Discover great wallpapers that perfectly match your new taskbar and check out the best 4k wallpapers to customize your device.
We hope this guide was what you were looking for and that you can now enjoy your new operating system a little more. If you have any questions, please use the comment box below and we will get back to you.
Was this page helpful?
Not enough details.
It’s hard to understand
Contact an expert
Start the conversation
Frequently Asked Questions
How do I make Windows taskbar transparent?
To make the taskbar transparent, right-click on the taskbar and select Properties. Then, select the Taskbar tab and select the Transparent option.
Why is my task bar transparent?
Your task bar is transparent because it is hidden behind the wallpaper.
How do I make the Start menu transparent?
Right-click on an empty area of the Start menu and select Personalize. From the Personalization window, select the option for Transparent Start menu.