Are you one of those users that have your printer set as the default in your computers? Is your printer being the default for all of your computers on your network? You may be surprised to hear such things, but in today’s world, people are using the same type of technology all the time. With this in mind, is it at lease ok to use the same printer as the network? This can cause a problem in the computers if the printers are not set for default. This can be an easy fix though, all you need to do is follow the below steps to set the printers to default.
My printer cannot be set as default, error 707. It’s a known problem that Windows XP and other operating systems will not recognize printer drivers installed in the default port, which is typically the first port to plug in the printer.
How do you print something on your computer? Are you one of the lucky ones who has a printer that can be set as the default printer for all applications? If you are, chances are your printer is on the front page and you can open it using a simple shortcut. In this post, I will be reviewing how to set your printer as default printer, error 709.
Matthew Adams. Windows and software expert Matthew is a freelancer and has written numerous articles on various technology-related topics. His main specialization is the Windows operating system and everything related to it. He’s passionate about… Read more Updated: 9. June 2021. Published: July 2019
- Many Windows 10 users have claimed that a 709 error occurs and the printer cannot be installed by default.
- A good solution is to use the built-in Windows solution to solve printer problems.
- Disable a specific setting to suppress printer error 0X00000709.
- You can also change the registration by following our step-by-step guide below.
To solve various PC problems, we recommend DriverFix: This software keeps your drivers up-to-date and protects you from common computer errors and hardware malfunctions. Check all your drivers in 3 easy steps:
- Download DriverFix (verified download file).
- Click on the Start Scan button to find all problematic drivers.
- Click Update Driver to get the new versions and avoid system crashes.
- DriverFix was downloaded by 0 readers this month.
Error 0x00000709 is a printer error that many users have written about in the Microsoft support forum. Affected users cannot configure their default printers when this error occurs. A post by a user on the forum states. I cannot set a printer as the default printer. An error message appears, error 0X00000709. The error message is as follows: The operation could not be completed (error 0x00000709). You can easily solve this problem by following the steps below, so read on.
How do I fix error 709?
1. Solving printer problems
- Press the Windows key + S and type Troubleshooter in the search bar.
- Click Troubleshooting Settings to open the window shown in the following figure.
- Select the printer troubleshooter and click Run Troubleshooter.
- The Printer Troubleshooting screen appears. Select the printer you want to repair and click the Next button.
- Then proceed with the suggested troubleshooting tools.
Troubleshooting Windows 10 printers may (or may not) help resolve error 0X00000709, so make sure you follow the steps above.
2. Disable a specific setup parameter
- Open the settings by pressing Windows + I.
- Select the devices in the settings.
- Then click Printers and Scanners on the left side of the window.
- Clear the Allow Windows to control the default printer check box.
If the troubleshooter does not resolve 0X00000709, try disabling the Allow Windows to control the printer by default option.
3. Editing the register
- Press Windows + R, type regedit in Run, then click OK to open the Registry Editor.
- Then open this path in the : ComputerNCEҮ_CURRENT_USERSoftwareMicrosoft>Windows NTCurrentVersionWindows
- Press the Windows key on the left side of the registry editor.
- Double-click the Device line to open the window shown in the following figure.
- Change these values by deleting everything in this field up to,winspool,Ne00:, but do not delete the part,winspool,Ne00:.
- Type the desired printer name (for the default) for,winspoolt,Ne00 and then click OK.
- For some users, the Device Cannot Be Edited dialog box may appear. If so, right click on the Windows key that activates the device line and select Permissions.
- Select the Allow Full Control check box, as shown below.
- Click the Apply button and select the OK option.
Changing the device rule in the registry editor is one of the most confirmed ways to resolve error 0x00000709. We’ve already written a lot about setting up default printers, so feel free to check out our handy guide for more information. We hope the suggestions in our list have helped you resolve printer error 0X00000709. For any other suggestions or questions, please use the comment box below. Not enough details. It’s hard to understand Other Contact an expert Take part in the discussionThis is yet another another techie problem, but I will attempt to pass by it because it is a big problem that keeps coming up. The printer cannot be set as default, error 709 happens whenever a specific printer gets installed in your computer, it is not possible to set it as the default print device. I have been trying to resolve this issue for days now, and I still cannot find an effective solution for it.. Read more about printer status default error and let us know what you think.
Frequently Asked Questions
How do I fix Error 709 on my printer?
Your printer may be running a little slow of late, but that doesn’t mean it’s broken. Sometimes it’s just running a little slower than you’d like. And once in a while, it just stops working altogether. This is where the Error 709 error comes in. Um…I don’t have any idea what that means. I tried pushing the button to print, but nothing happened. I tried turning it off, and then on again. I tried unplugging it from the power and letting it sit for a while. I tried holding down the power button and the print button for a while. Nothing. I don’t think it is the printer, but I don’t know what else it could be. I really want to fix this problem, but I don’t know how.
How do I fix unable to set a default printer?
If you’re experiencing this error on your Windows 10, here are the steps to fix it: Step 1: First, check if your printer is enabled. To do this, right-click on the printer icon in the notification tray, select Settings and verify that the printer is enabled. Step 2: Next, check if the printer is connected to your computer. To do this, right-click on the printer icon in the notification tray, select Printer properties. Step 3: Finally, try to set the default printer. To do this, right-click on the printer icon in the notification tray, select Default page setup, select the printer you want to use as default, and click Set as default. I had a similar problem recently and had no idea how to fix it, so I came here to find out. I found this here: http://forums.mydigitallife.info/showthread.php?t=231093 My printer is working just fine, and if I hover over it I can see the “Set as default” option. What’s up with the problem?
What is 0x00000709 error?
Ever on the hunt for the error 709 error, and you reached a dead end? Well, if you have a problem with your printer you can check if it has a problem by trying to print a document. First, from an Administrator command prompt, type “ipconfig /all” to get a list of current network connections. In the list, check your network connection for a 0x00000709 error. Then, if it is non-responding, try connecting using the printer’s default Windows Printer Driver, which is usually found in the Control Panel under Devices and Printers. If that does not work, it may be the case that your printer is not compatible with Windows Vista and the Operating System. Have a look at this article It’s no secret that printers can be finicky things. When you’re waiting for a document to print then suddenly, out of nowhere, your printer just stops working. You run around like crazy trying to find the cause, but nothing is wrong. At this point you could buy another printer, return and exchange your current one, or ask around online. But maybe you don’t want to spend the money on a new printer right now. Maybe you want to get something else fixed.
Feedback,printer status default errorerror 0x00000709 when adding printerset default printer windows 7 registryset as default printer not showingcannot set default printer windows 10 error 709unable to set default printer in windows 10,People also search for,Privacy settings,How Search works,cannot set default printer windows 10 error 709,unable to set default printer in windows 10,operation could not be completed (error 0x00000709 print server),printer status default error,operation could not be completed (error 0x00000709) network printer,error 0x00000709 when adding printer,set default printer windows 7 registry,set as default printer not showing